Printers use a lot of terminology that can be confusing to understand if you are not in the business. Here is a list of some of the terminology that we use to describe our products.
- 1/0= Black Print on One Side of the page
- 1/1= Black Print on both sides of the page
- 4/0= Color Print on One Side of the page
- 4/4= Color Print on both Sides of the page
- Full Bleed= When the image goes off the edge of the page. Most printers can not print off the edge, the way that this is achieved is to print on a larger size piece of paper and then cutting the page down in bindery. On most applications, 1/8″ extra on all 4 edges is required to produce the job properly. Please keep in mind that you still want to have a margin of 1/4″ away from the edge with important content, such as words, so that we don’t cut though that part and still have a good look to it.